Oral Health & the Opioid Epidemic
During this webinar how the dental industry has been working to address the opioid epidemic and guidance for dental providers regarding appropriate prescribing patters and best practices for treating dental pain are discussed.
After this webinar participants will be able to:
- Recognize the unique characteristics of opioid prescribing and pain management in dentistry.
- Understand the relative efficacy of NSAIDs and acetaminophen when treating acute inflammatory pain.
- Identify national trends in opioid prescriptions by dentists.
- Understand strategies a dental carrier performs to reduce opioid abuse.
- Understand how policy changes at the state Medicaid level can impact opioid prescribing patterns.