This webinar provides an overview of e-cigarettes, including trends, scientific evidence and federal guidance, and offers guidance on how dental professionals can communicate more effectively with patients on the effects of using e-cigarettes.
- Benjamin W. Chaffee, DDS, MPH, PhD, UCSF School of Dentistry
- Julie Hawley, PhD, CAE, DentaQuest Partnership
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand US trends in use of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS), also known as e-cigarettes
- Understand current scientific evidence on potential benefits and harms of ENDS (e-cigarettes), and guidance from federal agencies
- Gain confidence in communicating with dental patients about e-cigarettes